- ** Due to the current COVID situation, our Storytime sessions will now be run online. If you have enrolled your child you will receive more information regarding these sessions via your email. We can’t wait to see you! **
Parent Information Night:
Please come and join us for a ‘Parent Readiness’ talk at Orchard Grove Primary School on Thursday 19th of November from 6:00pm-7:00pm. During this session the Foundation teachers will take you through all of the important information that you need to know about your child starting Foundation and what to expect in their first year. There is no need to book, just come along!
Once you have enrolled your child they may attend our Transition sessions. The sessions are from 2:30pm-3:15pm (45 mins each). The sessions are as follows:
Friday 11th September
Friday 16th and 30th October
Friday 13th November
During these sessions, the children will get the opportunity to engage with other children and teachers through developmental play. They will then read a book and complete an activity to take home with them. The activities will have a different focus each week, including Literacy, Maths etc.
While your child is in their session, you will be able to attend short information sessions. These will include things about the Literacy/Maths programs, assessment, uniform, canteen and what to expect during your child’s first year of school.
Inside our classrooms …
What does a general school day look like?
Morning session- Literacy focus (Reading, Writing or Phonics)
Middle session- Maths focus
Afternoon session- Inquiry or Wellbeing
- Students have specialists once a week. These include Spanish, Physical Education, Performing Arts, Visual Arts and Library.
- Snack time includes 10 mins eating time and 30 mins playtime.
- Lunch includes 10 mins eating time and 45 mins playtime.
What to expect on their first day of school:
On the Foundation students first day of school, they complete activities that encourage getting to know their peers and their teacher. It is about getting to know the environment and becoming familiar with school routines. On this day you need to bring their:
- Lunch box with brain food (fruit/vegetables), morning tea snack and lunch.
- Library bag
Red/blue folders, art smocks, pencils/textas etc will already be labelled in the classroom for them to use.
You are welcome to email or post your enrolment forms and any extra documents to the school office. The email address is email@example.com.
When enrolling at OGPS please provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport and immunisation certificate.
Forms and booklets can be downloaded below.