Skip to content
- a piece of writing in which students write about their own experiences. Written in past tense and contains information including what, who, where and how you felt. Eg- a report about the weekend.
- a piece of writing that gives an opinion. Includes facts and evidence. Eg- Cats are better than dogs.
- a story with a beginning, middle and end. Should include characters, a setting and a problem or solution. Eg- a fairytale.
- a factual report. Eg- information about a particular animal
- a factual report explaining how something works. Eg- how do aeroplanes fly?
- a piece of writing explaining a process and how to complete a task. Eg- a recipe